Please find attached details of a Temporary Traffic Regulation Order, for various locations within Solihull, from Monday 22nd August to Wednesday 21st September 2016 (each location to be closed for a maximum of five days/nights between these dates. One of these locations affects Stratford Road in Hockley HEath
If you would like to discuss any technical aspect of the Notice, please contact the Council’s Highway Services Division on 0121 704 8004. or for more information on Solihull’s permanent, temporary or experimental Traffic Regulation Orders, please visit:
On 11 August SMBC Cabinet approved consultation on the Solihull town centre masterplan. The purpose of the consultation is to seek public and stakeholder views on a development framework providing for a modern 21st century vision looking at the issues of living, working, leisure and transport. Solihull is the heart of the borough’s civic, economic and cultural activity and a sub-regional centre of choice. We want to maintain and enhance its attractiveness to all and hear from the community.
If you would like to make comments on the masterplan, please go to: www.solihull.gov.uk/masterplan or contact SMBC at email@example.com.
This notice advises that the consultation period starts on 8th August 2016 for the application of Hockley Heath as a Neighbourhood Area. This will then allow the development of a Neighbourhood Plan for Hockley Heath to commence.
The closing date for the consultation will be four weeks later on the 8th September 2016. Further details on this can be found at
Hockley Heath Parish Council believes that it is appropriate that the complete and well established parish is designated as a Neighbourhood Area. This is exemplified by the previous village plan where volunteers worked together to form a united picture and the Parish Council understands that the residents, businesses and workers in the village and settlement wish the issues and interests to be co-ordinated.
In accordance with section 61G of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, the body making the application to designate Hockley Heath as a Neighbourhood Area is Hockley Heath Parish Council, as a parish council established in pursuance of the Local Government Act 1972.
Cabinet Lapworth 9 which covers the Nuthurst / Lapworth area is now live with fibre broadband.
To see if you can get it:
- Check whether fibre broadband is available to you by entering your landline number or address into the BT DSL checker.
If fibre is available, “FTTC” will be listed in the table of results, along with the maximum and minimum speeds you are likely to achieve.
- If fibre is available, you can research and sign-up to a fibre broadband package of your choosing. You might like to use a broadband comparison site such as:
Fibre not available yet?
Register here to be updated with future developments that may affect you.
What are the benefits?
Having access to faster broadband not only lets you browse the web faster, but helps businesses stay competitive and allows individuals, families and communities to make use of opportunities that wouldn’t otherwise be possible:
- Choose the Internet Service Provider you want – the CSW Broadband project ensures that you are not limited in your choice of suppliers
- Get online instantly with no slow dial-up connections
- Talk face-to-face with friends and family using Skype or other software
- Stream HD films, TV shows and videos without buffering slowing you down
- Quickly and easily share your photos with friends and family
- Upload pictures and documents seamlessly
- Work from home when you want – now you can really compete in the global marketplace
- Reduce workplace costs by introducing remote working and hot-desking
See how superfast broadband is already benefitting other communities.
Please Note: Even though your cabinet may have been upgraded, not every property connected to it is guaranteed to benefit due to some properties’ distances from the cabinet and/or quality of copper connections. For more information see our FAQs.