The recreation ground is private land.
The recreation ground land was purchased in 1924 from Warwickshire County Council for £650.00; the funds were raised by a number of trustees through grants and various enterprises. Local history states that several hundred pounds had been raised by Mr Mould, who acquired a Rhode car and took it around the country inviting people to subscribe one shilling to the Recreation Ground Fund. The car was raffled at a concert held at the institute in 1923. In 1925 a wooden Pavilion was built. In 1930 the trustees sold the recreation ground to the Rural District Council of Solihull, in the County of Warwickshire, for £450.00. The recreation ground was transferred to the newly formed Hockley Heath Parish Council from the Rural District Council of Solihull in 1964 for the sole management of the Parish Council, to be held in trust for use of the local village.
The recreation ground is currently is used for:
- Playground facilities
- Bowls (Hockley heath Bowls Club green is on site)
- Football matches and training
It is used for major village events such as:
- The Village Fete
- Bonfire Night
- Proms in the Park
We have a woodland area to include a dirt track which was part funded by the Village Fete Committee.
Recently we have added a new piece of play equipment for younger children, funded by grants (Tesco and One Stop) and a generous donation (Hockley Heath Under 5’s).
We have a Multi Use Games Area which offers an all weather hard surface for football, basketball and general play. There is a teen shelter adjacent to this area.
Should you wish to hire the recreation ground, please contact the Clerk, Mrs J. McDougall via email: HHPCbookings@outlook.com or telephone: 07591 954 002